Sunday 25 September 2011

Third Times....Not a Charm

Well, I am sad to say that after 3 Sunday's in a row of trying to go to Mass I have still been unsuccessful. Last week I showed up to St Joseph's Catholic Church at 4:30 for what was supposed to be a 5pm Mass to see a note on the door alerting all parishioners that there would be no Mass at 1700 (5pm) until further notice. I sighed and started the walk home which is luckily only about 20 mins on foot. This week, one of my roommates, Christina, and I decided to leave at 9:30am so we could get to the 10am mass with plenty of time to spare. We went outside to our bus stop just as the bus was approaching and we hop on for our 10 minute journey. 5 minutes in to our trip the bus driver tells us we are being diverted because of a marathon taking place in Greenwich today. Thinking we will still have plenty of time because we left early enough we do not take notice of the detour.

The detour turned out to be much more than your average detour. The bus driver managed to get lost and an hour later we ended up at the bus stop back in front of our apartment. I was really upset at first because I have missed mass for 3 weeks in a row but at least I can say I did everything I could to make it there. After fuming about it to each other for a few minutes we began to giggle because it seemed so ridiculous that a bus driver, in London, who is fully trained and supposed to be on top of the bus routes, would get lost just as easily as we would in a town we are still getting to know.  Cross your fingers for next week!



 As for the rest of the weekend, Christina, Mariel and I spent a lot of time at Greenwich Park yesterday which is so, so beautiful! It was a fairly warm and sunny day and we had lots of fun taking pictures and being silly.

Tomorrow I venture to stonehenge with one of my new friends, Anne! I will keep you updated with news and pictures as soon as possible!






Love from London!
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment