Wednesday 7 September 2011

Mobiles, Crisps, Trainers and Jumpers

Hello dearest family and friends!

I have arrived in London safe and sound and decided that the best way to keep you all updated would be via a blog (seeing that the time difference is difficult). 
I am LOVING my new flat and have begun to put my room together. I am upstairs with the kitchen (of course you are, Kristin) and the living room that has a wall of windows overlooking the city and it's beautiful! My roommates, Mariel and Christina, each have a bedroom downstairs. I am within walking distance of the DLR (train) station and there is a bus stop outside our door! I have learned about oyster cards (for using all public transportation) and how to properly say jacket and cell phone (jumper and mobile respectively). 
When I first arrived I was able to meet up with Christina and Mariel (my roommates) at the airport and we cabbed it back to our flat. Ethan was then able to come over and we all enjoyed a day of shopping and walking around our neighborhood. 
Currently I am sitting in the pub across the street eating pea and mint soup and using the free wifi. I will take pictures when there are fewer people here and it is less awkward haha

Love,
living room

first half of the kitchen

that is an all in one washer and dryer back there! as well as a dishwasher under the sink.

little English refrigerator haha

living room, outside my bedroom


my bed, with pictures already up!

 Outside my flat
Kristin

3 comments:

  1. YES!!! I'm so happy you made it safe & I can't wait to read all about your adventures. Looks like fun already :)

    Miss you! -P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome place! I'm so glad you set up a blog to document your journey from the start. Let me know if you need tortillas/salsa or peanut butter in a care package. I'd love to send you whatever you need.
    Study hard. Play harder.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to see you made it there safely and that you like your new place, it looks awesome!

    Stay safe and have fun! look forward to hearing more! :]

    ReplyDelete