Saturday 24 December 2011

Home is Where the Heart is

Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you how much I love Arizona. Arizona is where I was born and raised and I intend to always call it "home". Arizona has some of the most incredible sunsets I have ever seen, the heat in summer, which as crazy as it sounds I absolutely love, the snow up north in winter and of course my family and friends! Approximately every 6 months my 6 best friends (Alex, Aiden, Jessica, Stephanie, Michelle, Katie) and I are reunited with each other and it always feels as though we have never been apart. I feel very, VERY lucky to call these girls my best friends because although our lives have taken us all across the country and even the world these past several years we continue to remain incredibly close. Social networking sites are of course always helpful with that but even once we are all together again it feels (to me) as though nothing has changed! I am truly blessed to have these wonderful, beautiful friends in my life and I don't know what I would do without them.

As for this lovely Christmas Eve Day I have been happily finishing up some last minute Christmas shopping, wrapping, and now watching a Friends marathon. I plan on watching a Christmas movie and playing some board games while eating pizza and wings (a tradition every year) before heading over to Alex's moms house to help with all the crazy wrapping whirlwind that ensues every year on Christmas Eve at their house. It's always so fun to help because there are so many children to wrap for and prepare Santa presents for and the Christmas spirit is exactly how I always want Christmas to be! Crazy and hectic with lots of laughter :) For anyone who somehow doesn't know, I consider Alex's family to be my second family and they kindly adopt me every holiday as part of their family so I get to celebrate with all the people I love through the days!

Christmas always has been and always will be my favorite time of the year! I am so excited for the next two weeks to spend time with my family, friends and as I have recently decided, to re-read Harry Potter! Every time I watch one of the movies again (such as last night) or read quotes on pinterest or see postsecret's anything Harry Potter related I get so sad that the series is over and I have to start reading them again! I LOVE HARRY POTTER! Who has an opinion on me getting a Harry Potter related tattoo?..........
While Javi is here I am also really excited to start exploring Arizona. Being abroad has gotten me even more excited about history and learning the stories that a city has to tell and I really want to know more about this great state that I love so much! I was doing a 100 question quiz in a magazine with my dad and it was all about Arizona (because Arizona turns 100 on February 14, 2012) and it was talking about all sorts of historical places and important places in Arizona that have so much history to offer and I want to see and visit it all! After I inform Javi this is what I want to do while he is here (hehe) I'm hoping that he is just as excited to explore with me! I'll keep you all updated.
A quick update on this terrible bug bite I had and cold I had- the bug bite is finally healed except for a small scab which yes, I am putting neosporin on, and the cold is finally gone except for a stuffy nose. I'm hoping to keep it that way.

Love from ARIZONA!
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment