Friday 9 December 2011

Life Is Burritoful

My favorite time of year is here and I can't explain to you how excited I am to be going home soon. I have been missing home a lot lately, more so than in the beginning of my adventure out here. That's probably because the novelty of being in a foreign country and everything being new has kinda worn off and I'm ready for familiar faces, family, friends, and fun. Today being the first day that Christina, Mariel and I all had a free day with NO SCHOOL WORK to do we went on a mission to find Chipotle and guess what. WE DID IT! It's probably a good thing that I found it now and not earlier or I'd probably half live there haha. It was nice to have a little taste of home even if it came from a quick serve restaurant (which Javi has informed me is different than a fast food restaurant). It was only a few weeks ago that I found out Chipotle was even in London and I just haven't had time to go find it. Then last week in the evening paper there was a full page spread about how burrito's are becoming a trend in London and I laughed so hard on my bus ride home because it seemed so funny to me that burritos....BURRITOS....are such a craze all of a sudden. Not that I'm complaining or anything, the lack of Mexican food out here is depressing so if it wants to pick up as a trend or whatever, hey! don't let me stop it.
After we stuffed our faces (yes, I did actually finish my entire burrito bowl with an entire bag of chips, thank you very much!) we walked off the food coma by heading over to the Victoria and Albert Art Museum. We didn't stay more than an hour but we were able to see some statues of people and stuff (sorry for that pathetic description) and also art from the Renaissance which had a lot of church icons, relics, paintings, tapestries etc...and that was much more interesting to me. We were exhausted and sleepy and decided to head home to rest before we head out for the night.

Love from London,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment