Tuesday 20 December 2011

Full of Surprises

Good Morning family and friends!
This past week has been crazy, CRazy, CRAZY with surprises from yours truly. Let me start by saying I finished off my semester at King's and am very happy with how both of my final essays turned out! They aren't due until January after I get back but I would never have been able to fully enjoy the holiday if I had to worry about writing those darn papers. Because I completed every thing over a week early (yes, I am an overachiever) I began to feel very wrestles wandering around London and I knew I just needed to get myself home. I spoke with British Airways and for relatively cheap I was able to change my flight and not only come home early but also switch airports so I could go to Los Angeles for a week! I wasn't sure I would be able to make it to LA at all this Christmas season and I was very sad about this because not only did I miss all my friends/family out there but I missed the beach a lot too! Let's backtrack again....
On Monday, January 12 I left my apartment around 630 am to head to the airport. I wanted to give myself 2 hours to get there. Being that there were no lines this early in the morning I got through baggage drop and security in just 20 minutes and had over two hours to kill before my flight. I wandered around and then read a new book I got at the airport. About 45 minutes before boarding I walked over to my gate and sat down waiting for everyone to board the plane. I absolutely HATE all the pushing and shoving people do to get on the plane first. I just don't understand it, everyone has an assigned seat!! Anyways, I happened to sit down next to a lovely girl, Cordelia, who was doing the same thing! haha and after exchanging small talk about no free wifi and eating carrot cake we became fast friends. It worked out PERFECT because Cordelia had an open seat next to her on the plane and we were able to chat and watch movies the whole way home.
Now keep in mind that only a couple of people knew I was leaving London a week early. I didn't want to tell too many people because I  didn't want anyone spoiling the secret and I couldn't have that happening since Javi didn't know I was coming! Yup, that's right, Javi had NO IDEA I was coming to see him in LA. Lisa picked me up from the airport and the first place we went to was the beach. Even though it was raining a little I just had to go put my feet in the sand. We only stayed for about five minutes and then went back to the apartment to rest and shower up. As Javi got off work, his sister, Irene, let me know he was on the way home and Lisa drove me over to their house. I knocked on the door and being that he was the closest, Javi answered the door! It couldn't have been any more perfect of a surprise. He opened the inside door and saw me through the screen door and he just stared. His mom and sister had to remind him to open the door and let me in out of the cold! Then he smiled and smiled and kept repeating "this can't be real!" over and over hahaha It felt so, so good to be back in his arms and back at home. It took two days for him to realize I really was there and we were both so happy.
It was a week filled with LOTS of sun, friends, and family! On Thursday night I woke up pretty sick and am still trying to recover from a cold that won't leave my nose. On a positive note, I did completely avoid jetlag! I've never been able to completely do that but I did well with staying awake when I needed to and sleeping when I was supposed to.
The second surprise came on Sunday, December 18. My parents were having their annual bridge Christmas party and my mom had already told me on multiple occasions that she wished I could be there so I decided to show up and surprise her (and as it turns out, all of the people at the party). It was so funny to see my parents faces as I walked in the door. I think surprise number two went over well.
The third and final surprise was to my most perfect, wonderful Godson, Aiden! I asked to pick him up from his dad's since I had not seen him in over three months! When I knocked on their door and he saw me outside he flung himself at me and hasn't let go of me for more than a few minutes at a time since he saw me. I love it and although I probably shouldn't be carrying him anymore I can't help it when he asks! He has gotten so big and I just can't believe he is already FIVE years old!!
This week is already shaping up to be a good one, I am still fighting this cold but making plenty of time to catch up with friends. On Wednesday I am having all my girlfriends over to have a cookie and present wrapping party! I can't wait!

Lots of love,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment