Tuesday 3 April 2012

Reflections

The rain outside tonight is reflecting my current mood as Lisa has officially taken off from London and it's back to reality for both of us. After some brief (okay not so brief) and embarrassing tears on my run and at the gym this afternoon I decided that tonight will be devoted to updating you all on the last couple days and getting as many pictures up as I can so that you can really follow our journey (if you have access to Facebook. If not...well, what century do you live in anyways?!) if you so desire. If I ramble or seem distracted I apologize. Just accept it and look at the pictures ;)
For the past 3 or 4 days Lisa and I have been making sure to hit all the last main touristy sites we may have missed before Spain. We were finally able to climb to the top of St Paul's Cathedral after our third attempt. First time the whole church was closed for a fancy event, second time we were informed the top two outside views did not open until April 2nd so we finally went Monday and loved it! It beats the view from the London Eye for SURE. Well maybe it doesn't beat it but it sure does compete with it. The climb up is over 500 stairs though and gets very narrow and very steep so we were dizzy and minorly scared for a bit there but it was more than worth it.
The picture above is where we went to tea! It was in a very pretty hotel next to Kensington Gardens and the movie Nottinghill was filmed in one of their gardens. I can't remember if I've seen that movie or not but I remember we used to own it because I remember the VHS cover! Silly, Silly. Anyways we got to eat little sandwiches, tarts, macaroons, and lots of other yummy sweets. It was so good and we each tried a different type of tea- mine was called silver arrow or something like that. Clearly I only picked based on the name but I don't actually know anything about teas.
This weekend we also went out dancing which was fun! We went to a club not too far away from my house called Ministry of Sound and it has a few different rooms with different types of music and it was nice to go out in London because it has been a long time since I have had time to enjoy a night out in London. School work seems to dominate my life which is probably good since I need to stay focused in between people's visits. We went out wiht our new Australian friend who taugh us Aussie slang hahhaha and also one of my roommates and we had such a great night out!

I'm exhausted and need to get to sleep here in a few minutes. I thought I would be excited to have my bed back to myself but really I know I'll need all 5 of my pillows tonight more than I have because I liked laughing as we fell asleep and fighting over sides of the bed and being ridiculous and silly with our stuffed animals.
Thanks, Lisa, for visiting me! It was such a wonderful trip and it truly has helped get me through small patches of homesickness. Miss you so much already!


Love from London,
Kristin

1 comment: