Friday 14 October 2011

My Second First Day of School

Yes, you did read that right. I get TWO first days of school. Because each of my classes is only once every other week I started my second class this week. This class was my Christian Education class and I really liked it! There are only 3 of us in the class but the other two women in the class are very nice and we each have a different perspective to bring to the class. One woman is Anglican, one is Salvationist (she is a minister in the Salvation Army, which I had no idea was a religion until yesterday) and then there's me whose Catholic of course. The teacher is also Anglican but he is SO knowledgeable on every other religion it is almost scary. He is just a very intelligent man in general and I know I am going to learn a lot from him. He likes to talk a lot so the class was a lot of lecture but because he has so much to say I was mostly just enthralled with everything he had to say. He gave us an assignment for next class which is going to be a little difficult. He asked us to give a 10 minute presentation on what our theology is and why it is that we believe it. Now at first it seemed easy: "I was born Catholic, raised Catholic, so I believe Catholic" but of course it needs to be a little deeper than that. Being that we are older now and our beliefs/practices are our choices not just parents pushing their religion on us it is important to understand why it is we believe what we believe. On a completely different note I realize that it has been over a week since I last updated my blog so I have a few moments to comment on. 1. Caitlin's birthday! Caitlin is so great and we celebrated her birthday out in Camden at a club called Electric Ballroom.
 Lots of dancing and lots of fun!
I have also been trying to cook or bake something new each week. So far I have tried chocolate cream cheese brownies and this pasta casserole type deal. Both came out really well if you ask me! I will keep you updated on what else I end up making. If you have any suggestions I will gladly take them.




Besides lots of reading and researching I have not been up to much in the last week. I have figured out what I want to write about for my youth ministry essay so I can start really looking in to that but for my Christian Education class I am really going to struggle. I'm hoping to have some sort of epiphany at my next class but as for now I am going to continue reading and reading and reading and....reading. 

Love from London,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment