Thursday 6 October 2011

First day of school! First day of school!

I haven't been this nervous and excited for my first day of school since.....well my last first day of school senior year at LMU haha but point is, I am SO happy that classes have actually started for me. This morning I woke up, skyped with Javi and even made myself some breakfast so my stomach wouldn't make all the obnoxious noises it likes to make. I got ready (picture to the right hehe don't worry, Mommy, I wore a jacket and scarf) and being that I didn't want to be late for school on my first day I left WAY too early and ended up sitting in the computer lab for an hour before class began. Better early than....late? right? Ok that was a silly way of putting it but I hate being late and this solved that problem!  It was startlingly cold this morning when I left my apartment and I was very glad I wore my boots! I need to remember that sun does NOT equal warm anymore. I am still very grateful for the sun though :)

In my  youth ministry class there are 8 people and I am definitely the youngest by several years. I am the only one who has never been a youth minister (I managed to make Life Teen relate during our discussions) and/or a pastor. I am the only one who isn't married/engaged and have a family.  (wait, one guy isn't married yet! That was the one thing we were able to connect about ha) And I am the only one from the US. It is definitely going to be an interesting term as I am on a different page and stage in life than the rest of them but I can honestly say I fully enjoyed my first day of class. The four hours FLEW by and I hardly had time to even realize how quickly time was moving when BAM. class over. It was a good feeling really! We had a lot of really good discussions and it made me wish even more so that I had class more than every other week. But at least now I know what to expect.
The book we were asked to read for today was written by our teacher and it was kind of funny discussing HIS book with him, it made me more nervous to speak up because I didn't want him to catch me misinterpreting him in some way but he was happy with people contradicting him or disagreeing because he said it's a good challenge.
So now I am going to start reading for my class next week and my teacher today made me even more nervous by informing me that there were no longer five (yes, 5) people in that class and only THREE. Holy cow I better be on top of things or I'm in trouble. I'll have to give you another update on that next week though.
After class I enjoyed a cup of coffee with one of my new friends, Sophie and then thoroughly enjoyed this BEAUTIFUL sunset on my train ride home. Why does this never get old to me?! So, so pretty.



Love from London,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment