Thursday 14 June 2012

Riding Horses

Six months ago, over Christmas break, Sharlene and I found a Groupon for horse back riding lessons in London and we just had to snatch it up! Unfortunately for us though this place was nearly impossible to get in touch with and Sharlene has spent months trying to call and email them. She finally got ahold of them and we set up a lesson for today! And for the first time in years I was back on a horse and loving every minute of it.
For the first part of our lesson they of course walked us around the stables and yards showing us how to clean the horses, put the saddle on, the layout of the woods and fields the property owns (absolutely stunning. It was very difficult to remember we were still in London). After all the introductions and tea break we were assigned our horses and began working on how to sit properly, hold the reigns, walk and then trot! I can proudly say that I was the only one in our group that was allowed to trot without having someone lead my horse. I guess I'm just a natural. HA! As if. But I won't lie and say I wasn't smiling widely when our instructor told the girl leading my horse that it was obviously unnecessary for her to be running next to me while I trotted my horse. I had such an awesome time that I have signed up for another lesson next week and the instructor said I definitely don't need the beginner lessons and to go straight to intermediate/advanced! Maybe I've missed my calling in life....

As I mentioned before the stables are on a huge piece of land with forests, trails, fields and more and I plan on going back at least one more time to take a trip through there as well. You can sign up for a group "hike" or individual one and I think for that I may just do the individual lesson. Anyways, that's about all but it really was a GREAT time and I am so happy I have found this love again!

Love from London,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment