Monday 27 February 2012

No Cake Boss In My Future

This morning I was looking through my Harry Potter cookbook (thanks, Javi!) and I decided I wanted to try and bake something. I figured I'd start off simple, with a dessert that didn't even require the use of the oven! It essentially sounded like puppy chow which I love and only needed 4 ingredients so I figured it would be easy peasy. WRONG. Not that I'm surprised since I'm a half failure in the kitchen anyways but this....THIS was a whole new level of failure. I did however learn a few important lessons:

1. Read all directions thoroughly before starting a new recipe.
2. Read all ingredients carefully before you use 2 cups of the wrong kind of sugar.
3. Do not (seriously, don't) double a recipe you have never tried before especially if you have no one to give said cookies to when done.
4. Don't forget when you put chocolate on the stove to melt.

Now, I'm not saying that this recipe was a complete disaster, I still find the combination of sugar, peanut butter, chocolate, and Rice Krispy cereal quite delicious however, I now have more of this concoction than I know what to do with and the only people I know would gobble this stuff up are across the Atlantic. *insert long sigh here*

So, my first foray into the world of harry potter recipes did not go quite as planned but fear not! Next I try a dinner or lunch option which won't require me to handle melting chocolate or ingredients that are difficult to find at the market here (who knew powdered sugar was such a difficult ingredient to find! whoops to me buying regular sugar.)

I'll let you know how the next recipe goes. Maybe while my daddy is here we can try a recipe together! He's a MUCH better cook than I will ever be.


Love from London,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment